As I live in North Carolina, I’m excited to share my first NC Travel Thursday destination… Asheville! Located in the mountains, this city offers not only fun things to do but stunning views. There really is something for everyone in Asheville – history, architecture, food, culture, and nature.
When to Visit Asheville
Honestly, Asheville is one of those places that there truly is no bad time to visit here. That is one of my favorite things about this city! If you love snow and winter, then you will want to visit Asheville in the winter. Plus, it looks so festive and cheery with all the holiday lights. Unlike many other NC destinations, since it is in the mountains it isn’t quite as hot in Asheville during the summer as the foothills or coast. The fall is often a favorite time to visit because the leaves changing colors here is gorgeous. Spring also has its fair share of beauty.
Things to Do in Asheville
Below are a few of my favorite things to do, see, and experience in Asheville.
Here are a few of the top things to do, see, and experience.
- Biltmore House – The architecture and history alone are amazing!
- Omni Grove Park Inn – Even if you don’t stay here, enjoying a bite and drink on their Sunset Terrace is a must. Elaine’s Dueling Piano Bar is also a fun place to grab a cocktail.
- Walk around downtown – there are so many amazing galleries, shops, and open markets to enjoy.
- Early Girl Eatery – Ok I will admit I’m partial to this place as it’s one of the few that has gluten-free fish & chips (which are delicious!). But all the food and drinks are so good. They also have two locations in Asheville – one downtown and one on the west side.
- Western North Carolina Nature Center – For all the animal lovers out there, this is a fun stop to make!
- Asheville Museum of Science – If you have kids or are a kid-at-heart, then you will love this museum. It is small but has lots of cool hands-on activities.
- Isa’s French Bistro – For those looking for a more upscale dining experience the food and service here is wonderful.
Be ready to head back to head to somewhere more tropical in next week’s Travel Thursday blog as I’ll be discussing Key West!